A ‘Clear vegetable soup’ which are nutrient dense and help to calm the appetite, provide the body with the fluids and provide the macro and micro-nutrients
Recipe of Clear Vegetable – Sprout Soup: Serves 2
- A tablespoon of oil
- 6 pods of garlic
- ½ inch of galangal ginger or Indian ginger
- 2 red chilies (or according to desired spice level)
- 2 stalks of lemon grass peeled, chopped and crushed with a pestle.
- 25 g of Sproutamins Bean Sprouts
- A bowl of mixed cut vegetables such as beans, carrot and cauliflower
- Spring onion
- Salt to taste, ½ teaspoon of sugar
- Kafir Lime leaves (optional)
Method: In a large pot, sauté crushed ginger, garlic, lemongrass until the aromas are released. Add the chopped mixed vegetables, chopped chilies, salt, sugar and fry for a few minutes. Close the lid and let vegetables cook. You can add torn kafir lime leaves at this stage. After the vegetables are soft, add water or vegetable stock and bring it to boil. Turn off the flame, add Sproutamins bean sprouts and chopped spring onion as garnish. Remove the lemon grass and ginger before serving.
Note: Variations to the above recipe can be done based on one’s cooking skills and creativity for example adding mushrooms or fried tofu.
HAVE A HAPPY SPROUTED MEAL! 🙂